- The Lobby
- Extra Times
TrailHiker with 200 teams so far
A total of 800 people and 200 teams are already confirmed for the Sands China Macau TrailHiker and will be setting off on the Coloane trails on Saturday, a big increase from the first edition held last year.
The overwhelming majority of the participants (85 percent) are locals and the rest are coming from Hong Kong and other cities in the Pearl River Delta.
Macau TrailHiker will have two categories, the 30-kilometre ‘Corporate Adventure’ and the shorter, 10-kilometre ‘Fun and Family Course’. It will start at the Venetian Macao and the competitors have seven hours to make it back to the resort.
At the Macau TrailWalker held in 2010 there were 125 teams, altogether 500 participants. This time around registration will be open until the start of the event, with organisers setting a limitation of 250 teams.
The event will donate the net total of all paid entry fees to two local charities, the Macau Child Development Association (MCDA) and the Association of Rehabilitation of Drug Abuse of Macau (ARTM).
The two associations will split a minimum of MOP 200,000 and teams will be encouraged to gather further sponsorship.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Residents less than satisfied with environment
- Boxing ‘Featherweight Fury’ hits Macau with three world title fights
- MSAR asks Beijing for territorial waters and land from Hengqin
- AS REPORTED BY MDT: Neptune owner’s wife detained following tightened grip on junkets
- IFT and Dusit Thani College partner to organize exchange program
- Gov’t to launch guidelines for water supply in residential buildings
- CE ELECTIONS: Electoral College voting procedure to take place across five locations
- BRIEFS: Concrete falls on Rua do Campo, one injured
- GAMING: Average daily run up 15 pct last week
- Increasing household income and the vanishing smiles
- France meets Asia in Justin Quek’s kitchen
- KW Director calls for universal healthcare insurance
- Australia continues to supply dogs to Macau Canidrome despite country ban
- BRIEFS: CE to answer questions in AL today
- Hac Sa Beach Labor Day Concert expects 10,000 attendees