- The Lobby
- Extra Times
TrailHiker with 200 teams so far
A total of 800 people and 200 teams are already confirmed for the Sands China Macau TrailHiker and will be setting off on the Coloane trails on Saturday, a big increase from the first edition held last year.
The overwhelming majority of the participants (85 percent) are locals and the rest are coming from Hong Kong and other cities in the Pearl River Delta.
Macau TrailHiker will have two categories, the 30-kilometre ‘Corporate Adventure’ and the shorter, 10-kilometre ‘Fun and Family Course’. It will start at the Venetian Macao and the competitors have seven hours to make it back to the resort.
At the Macau TrailWalker held in 2010 there were 125 teams, altogether 500 participants. This time around registration will be open until the start of the event, with organisers setting a limitation of 250 teams.
The event will donate the net total of all paid entry fees to two local charities, the Macau Child Development Association (MCDA) and the Association of Rehabilitation of Drug Abuse of Macau (ARTM).
The two associations will split a minimum of MOP 200,000 and teams will be encouraged to gather further sponsorship.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on news-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- IN BROAD DAYLIGHT: Lawyer victim of vicious attack
- D. Pedro V stages stories of “body and farewell”
- Conference on EU-Asia Pacific relationship starts today
- IC selects 5 projects for academic research grants
- More than 40,000 request gov’t healthcare vouchers
- Free telecom services for World Telecom Day
- MOP20m to upgrade bus GPS system
- Pansy Ho promotes Global Tourism Economy Forum in Macau 2013
- Macau Open prize money increases
- Petitioners call for caution over employing non-local students
- Drug abuse among youths increases significantly
- 20th anniversary of the EU-Macau trade agreement - Piket: “A more diversified economy is a more sustainable economy”
- Q1: Package tours increase by 11.8 pct
- 20 workers feel unwell after inhaling tobacco fumes
- Democratic Action collects signatures for elections