- The Lobby
- Extra Times
TrailHiker with 200 teams so far
A total of 800 people and 200 teams are already confirmed for the Sands China Macau TrailHiker and will be setting off on the Coloane trails on Saturday, a big increase from the first edition held last year.
The overwhelming majority of the participants (85 percent) are locals and the rest are coming from Hong Kong and other cities in the Pearl River Delta.
Macau TrailHiker will have two categories, the 30-kilometre ‘Corporate Adventure’ and the shorter, 10-kilometre ‘Fun and Family Course’. It will start at the Venetian Macao and the competitors have seven hours to make it back to the resort.
At the Macau TrailWalker held in 2010 there were 125 teams, altogether 500 participants. This time around registration will be open until the start of the event, with organisers setting a limitation of 250 teams.
The event will donate the net total of all paid entry fees to two local charities, the Macau Child Development Association (MCDA) and the Association of Rehabilitation of Drug Abuse of Macau (ARTM).
The two associations will split a minimum of MOP 200,000 and teams will be encouraged to gather further sponsorship.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Breaking News: Defending champion Spain gets repeat of 2010 final
- Breaking News: Nelson Mandela, South Africa's peacemaker, dies
- POLICY ADDRESS – Transport and Public Works Lawmakers slam housing policies
- “Chinese sailed to America before Columbus,” scholar says
- International “Hug-a-Shark” Day makes debut in Macau
- Experts call for medical error insurance
- Gov’t assures Reolian’s employees their rights won’t be affected
- Raymond Tam accused of fabricating documents
- Galaxy fined for late rent payment
- Taxi driver defrauds passenger with Thai Baht
- Seminar on IP in cultural industries this Saturday
- Yellow taxis to operate on-call only
- 12 percent rise in MIA passenger volume for November
- Lending to private sector up 2.5 pct in October
- Non-residents' deposits decrease