- The Lobby
- Extra Times
TrailHiker with 200 teams so far
A total of 800 people and 200 teams are already confirmed for the Sands China Macau TrailHiker and will be setting off on the Coloane trails on Saturday, a big increase from the first edition held last year.
The overwhelming majority of the participants (85 percent) are locals and the rest are coming from Hong Kong and other cities in the Pearl River Delta.
Macau TrailHiker will have two categories, the 30-kilometre ‘Corporate Adventure’ and the shorter, 10-kilometre ‘Fun and Family Course’. It will start at the Venetian Macao and the competitors have seven hours to make it back to the resort.
At the Macau TrailWalker held in 2010 there were 125 teams, altogether 500 participants. This time around registration will be open until the start of the event, with organisers setting a limitation of 250 teams.
The event will donate the net total of all paid entry fees to two local charities, the Macau Child Development Association (MCDA) and the Association of Rehabilitation of Drug Abuse of Macau (ARTM).
The two associations will split a minimum of MOP 200,000 and teams will be encouraged to gather further sponsorship.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- SUNDAY AT THE COTAI ARENA: The Stones land today in Macau for historic concert
- Forbes explores the city beyond the baccarat tables
- EDUCATION: Zhuhai school caters to study-abroad fever
- Taipa Central Park swimming pool to be completed this year
- IACM to kick off Green Week 2014
- Industry wants tougher penalties for hiring illegal drivers
- ANM asks gov’t to clarify its plan on Tap Seac ‘Glass House’
- BRIEFS: Cocaine smuggled inside six paintings
- Local flights to Vietnam to be resumed
- 25th Macau Arts Festival promises over 200 events in 16 locations
- MUST Career Fair: Employers say attitude is “most important factor” to be successful
- Lao Iong to lead Urban Planning Committee
- Delegates in Beijing request more land resources for Macau
- Money laundering prevalent in both SARs
- BRIEFS: Bus driver jailed for drunk-driving