- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Dairy Queen to set foot in Macau
Dairy Queen (DQ), an international chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants, is planning to open its first stores in Macau and Egypt this year, Reuters reported yesterday.
Owned by American Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the company said Hon Hoi Group (International) Co. has plans to open a DQ in Macau this spring and a second location in the territory later this year.
Hon Hoi Group also operates restaurants in Macau, China and Canada.
In addition, the company said Egyptian-run Boraie Development will open the first DQ Grill & Chill restaurant in Cairo this summer.
It also said that there was “potential” to open 40 to 50 restaurants in four or five additional Egyptian cities.
Based in Minneapolis, Dairy Queen said it had more than 5,700 stores in 19 countries, including 652 locations outside the United States and Canada.
Warren Buffett, 79, is the world’s second-richest person. Reuters reported that he habitually snacks on a US$1 Dairy Queen dessert prior to Berkshire’s annual meetings on Saturday mornings in Omaha city, Nebraska.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- THE BUZZ: The Cake Man arrives at L’Arc
- Botticelli’s Venus makes public debut in Macau
- China investigating new deadly strain Guangdong reports sixth human case of bird flu
- MSAR 14th anniversary: 'The Rhythm of Life'
- Scholar calls for more detailed CE briefing
- MINIMUM WAGE: Public consultation report to be released Dec 30
- New Macau urges DSRT to open tender for paid TV providers
- Bai Zhijian praises Macau
- SJM casino starts trialing smoking rooms
- Men accused of bribing Ao Man Long get conviction quashed
- CPI rise accompanies drop in mortgage loans
- Japan holds reception to mark Emperor’s 80th birthday
- Population policy tops public concerns, consultation indicates
- CE meets Chinese President and Premier
- Survey finds residents’ happiness index lowest in four years