- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Dairy Queen to set foot in Macau
Dairy Queen (DQ), an international chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants, is planning to open its first stores in Macau and Egypt this year, Reuters reported yesterday.
Owned by American Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the company said Hon Hoi Group (International) Co. has plans to open a DQ in Macau this spring and a second location in the territory later this year.
Hon Hoi Group also operates restaurants in Macau, China and Canada.
In addition, the company said Egyptian-run Boraie Development will open the first DQ Grill & Chill restaurant in Cairo this summer.
It also said that there was “potential” to open 40 to 50 restaurants in four or five additional Egyptian cities.
Based in Minneapolis, Dairy Queen said it had more than 5,700 stores in 19 countries, including 652 locations outside the United States and Canada.
Warren Buffett, 79, is the world’s second-richest person. Reuters reported that he habitually snacks on a US$1 Dairy Queen dessert prior to Berkshire’s annual meetings on Saturday mornings in Omaha city, Nebraska.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- HUMAN RESOURCES | The business battleground: “Companies have to make the career path clearer”
- Medical sector faces difficulties in attracting overseas experts
- Easter celebrations at the Cathedral in three languages
- EDUCATION: Former Harvard scholar shares learning experience with students
- Macau International Jazz Festival kicks off today
- Raising a child at sea “is as healthy as in any other place”
- BRIEFS: GCS releases press law consultation report
- Father of comatose girl collects residents’ signatures
- Residential mortgage loans drop by 41.7pct
- Spring book fair kicks off
- Catholic weekly with Filipino editor and English supplement
- Doctors to apply for license after one-year internship
- Measures announced to control pollution in Ka Ho
- DSRT reaffirms liberalization of TV services but provides no timeframe
- Wynn declines as analyst cites risk of drop in VIP bets