- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Dairy Queen to set foot in Macau
Dairy Queen (DQ), an international chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants, is planning to open its first stores in Macau and Egypt this year, Reuters reported yesterday.
Owned by American Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the company said Hon Hoi Group (International) Co. has plans to open a DQ in Macau this spring and a second location in the territory later this year.
Hon Hoi Group also operates restaurants in Macau, China and Canada.
In addition, the company said Egyptian-run Boraie Development will open the first DQ Grill & Chill restaurant in Cairo this summer.
It also said that there was “potential” to open 40 to 50 restaurants in four or five additional Egyptian cities.
Based in Minneapolis, Dairy Queen said it had more than 5,700 stores in 19 countries, including 652 locations outside the United States and Canada.
Warren Buffett, 79, is the world’s second-richest person. Reuters reported that he habitually snacks on a US$1 Dairy Queen dessert prior to Berkshire’s annual meetings on Saturday mornings in Omaha city, Nebraska.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- SUNDAY AT THE COTAI ARENA: The Stones land today in Macau for historic concert
- Forbes explores the city beyond the baccarat tables
- EDUCATION: Zhuhai school caters to study-abroad fever
- Taipa Central Park swimming pool to be completed this year
- IACM to kick off Green Week 2014
- Industry wants tougher penalties for hiring illegal drivers
- ANM asks gov’t to clarify its plan on Tap Seac ‘Glass House’
- BRIEFS: Cocaine smuggled inside six paintings
- Local flights to Vietnam to be resumed
- 25th Macau Arts Festival promises over 200 events in 16 locations
- MUST Career Fair: Employers say attitude is “most important factor” to be successful
- Lao Iong to lead Urban Planning Committee
- Delegates in Beijing request more land resources for Macau
- Money laundering prevalent in both SARs
- BRIEFS: Bus driver jailed for drunk-driving