- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Fireworks display contest kicks off
The 25th Macau International Fireworks Display Contest unveiled the première for its series of fireworks shows on Saturday with the Spanish and South African teams coming first on stage. The contest’s opening ceremony was held at the Macau Tower Outdoor Plaza. The fireworks display will continue on September 14, 19, 21 and 28, and lastly on October 1. Teams from France and China will present their fireworks shows on October 1 as a highlight for National Day.
Due to concerns about nautical safety (a ship collision occurred last year, resulting in the death of three fishermen), the interval between fireworks displays has been shortened this year. The first display starts at 9 p.m. as usual, followed by the second display at 9:40 p.m. Every display lasts for 18 minutes.
The ten teams in the 25th edition include fireworks companies from Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, Korea, Portugal, Australia, Italy, Canada, France and mainland China. Four of the teams have won the championship in the past.
Meanwhile, the “Pyrotechnics Industry Forum” is scheduled from September 28 until October 1 as a supporting event for the fireworks contest. The forum will explore the topic of pyrotechnics industry development and lead discussions on how it can benefit the tourism industry.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- MACAU - Scholar criticizes gov’t tourism management
- ART: Homegrown designers create posters to promote local culture
- City’s oldest Chinese theater renovation to finish in 2015
- Chamber of Commerce visits Francis Tam
- JUSTICE: Court rejects lawsuit against Health Bureau
- Macau “in a unique position to design a social welfare system”
- Rotary donation day calls for rare blood donors
- Macau Engineers Association hosts 2nd Congress
- ANM urges postponing uni joint admission
- UM’s Career Fair offers over 2,300 jobs
- Jagger and Watts try out some Portuguese food
- “Paint the Idea” exhibition at Tap Seac Gallery
- CRIME: Gambler arrested over HKD1 million aggravated fraud case
- IC launches Polish poetry book in three languages
- PSP claims traffic ticket error corrected