- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Fireworks display contest kicks off
The 25th Macau International Fireworks Display Contest unveiled the première for its series of fireworks shows on Saturday with the Spanish and South African teams coming first on stage. The contest’s opening ceremony was held at the Macau Tower Outdoor Plaza. The fireworks display will continue on September 14, 19, 21 and 28, and lastly on October 1. Teams from France and China will present their fireworks shows on October 1 as a highlight for National Day.
Due to concerns about nautical safety (a ship collision occurred last year, resulting in the death of three fishermen), the interval between fireworks displays has been shortened this year. The first display starts at 9 p.m. as usual, followed by the second display at 9:40 p.m. Every display lasts for 18 minutes.
The ten teams in the 25th edition include fireworks companies from Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, Korea, Portugal, Australia, Italy, Canada, France and mainland China. Four of the teams have won the championship in the past.
Meanwhile, the “Pyrotechnics Industry Forum” is scheduled from September 28 until October 1 as a supporting event for the fireworks contest. The forum will explore the topic of pyrotechnics industry development and lead discussions on how it can benefit the tourism industry.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- THE BUZZ: 8 kindergarten kids compete for one seat, group says
- Apple may be using shell company to register ‘iWatch’ in Macau
- SIN FONG: ANM accuses PSP of denying protestors legal assistance
- Stacey Kent bringing jazz in a balance of joy and melancholy
- 40 years since the Carnation Revolution Rui Veloso performs tonight bringing a taste of Portuguese rock to town
- Irregular work shifts may be related to obesity, expert says
- Exhibition displays achievement on Macau studies Macaology aims to help us “better understand ourselves”
- Subsidy beneficiaries have to repay IH millions for outdated info
- BRIEFS: Request for more space in Hengqin inspires HK
- DSEJ to legislate on students’ weekly exercise time
- Local museums to present series of activities in May
- China Music Awards: Cotai Arena stage packed with Chinese and international stars
- AL Plenary Lawmakers grill Florinda Chan over public servant contract bill
- Int’l market expansion group sees opportunity in town
- Luk Fook same-store sales in Macau and HK drop 12 pct