- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Broadway musical “The Addams Family” coming to Macau
After being a success on New York’s Broadway, “The Addams Family” is coming to Macau for a 12-show run at the Grand Auditorium from August 23 through September 5. For the very first time in Asia “The Addams Family” will tour Macau, Singapore and Guangzhou over a two-month period before resuming their USA schedule. Macau will mark the finale of their Asian premiere. Tickets will be on sale Sunday.
Set at the Addams’ mansion, which is as iconic as the Family itself, this new story has been described as “every father’s nightmare.” It tells about the time when Wednesday Addams, “the ultimate princess of darkness,” falls in love with a smart young man from a respectable, ‘normal’ family, and asks her father to keep it secret from her mother. Things take a sharp turn when the boyfriend’s parents are invited to dinner, in a story told through a vibrant sound score, gorgeous costumes, bright choreography and a set built to amaze.
This bizarre and devilish musical came to life in the hands of a Tony Award-
winning team, with a nearly two-year season on Broadway followed by tours across North America and two branch productions in Rio de Janeiro and Sydney, performing before hundreds of thousands. “The Addams Family” was originally created as a 1964 cartoon series and later brought to TV screens in numerous adaptations. Characters like Gomez, Morticia and Fester became popular worldwide when the blockbuster film was released in the 1990s.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- MACAU - Scholar criticizes gov’t tourism management
- ART: Homegrown designers create posters to promote local culture
- City’s oldest Chinese theater renovation to finish in 2015
- Chamber of Commerce visits Francis Tam
- JUSTICE: Court rejects lawsuit against Health Bureau
- Macau “in a unique position to design a social welfare system”
- Rotary donation day calls for rare blood donors
- Macau Engineers Association hosts 2nd Congress
- ANM urges postponing uni joint admission
- UM’s Career Fair offers over 2,300 jobs
- Jagger and Watts try out some Portuguese food
- “Paint the Idea” exhibition at Tap Seac Gallery
- CRIME: Gambler arrested over HKD1 million aggravated fraud case
- IC launches Polish poetry book in three languages
- PSP claims traffic ticket error corrected