- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Broadway musical “The Addams Family” coming to Macau
After being a success on New York’s Broadway, “The Addams Family” is coming to Macau for a 12-show run at the Grand Auditorium from August 23 through September 5. For the very first time in Asia “The Addams Family” will tour Macau, Singapore and Guangzhou over a two-month period before resuming their USA schedule. Macau will mark the finale of their Asian premiere. Tickets will be on sale Sunday.
Set at the Addams’ mansion, which is as iconic as the Family itself, this new story has been described as “every father’s nightmare.” It tells about the time when Wednesday Addams, “the ultimate princess of darkness,” falls in love with a smart young man from a respectable, ‘normal’ family, and asks her father to keep it secret from her mother. Things take a sharp turn when the boyfriend’s parents are invited to dinner, in a story told through a vibrant sound score, gorgeous costumes, bright choreography and a set built to amaze.
This bizarre and devilish musical came to life in the hands of a Tony Award-
winning team, with a nearly two-year season on Broadway followed by tours across North America and two branch productions in Rio de Janeiro and Sydney, performing before hundreds of thousands. “The Addams Family” was originally created as a 1964 cartoon series and later brought to TV screens in numerous adaptations. Characters like Gomez, Morticia and Fester became popular worldwide when the blockbuster film was released in the 1990s.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Residents less than satisfied with environment
- Boxing ‘Featherweight Fury’ hits Macau with three world title fights
- MSAR asks Beijing for territorial waters and land from Hengqin
- AS REPORTED BY MDT: Neptune owner’s wife detained following tightened grip on junkets
- IFT and Dusit Thani College partner to organize exchange program
- Gov’t to launch guidelines for water supply in residential buildings
- CE ELECTIONS: Electoral College voting procedure to take place across five locations
- BRIEFS: Concrete falls on Rua do Campo, one injured
- GAMING: Average daily run up 15 pct last week
- Increasing household income and the vanishing smiles
- France meets Asia in Justin Quek’s kitchen
- KW Director calls for universal healthcare insurance
- Australia continues to supply dogs to Macau Canidrome despite country ban
- BRIEFS: CE to answer questions in AL today
- Hac Sa Beach Labor Day Concert expects 10,000 attendees