- The Lobby
- Extra Times
‘Johnny’ Reis passes away
Former Rádio Macau presenter João Sameiro Afonso dos Reis passed away yesterday at the age of 83 in local public hospital Conde S. Januário.
The Portuguese national, better known as ‘Johnny Reis’, arrived in Macau as a child in 1939. After completing his studies, he worked as a public servant but less than a decade later he dived into the local radio world at Rádio Vila Verde.
In 1966 he moved into the public radio broadcaster, which later became Rádio Macau, where he was a presenter for about 40 years before retiring.
In addition, Reis was linked to the Miss Macau pageant contest, which he even presented on local television.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Catholic weekly with Filipino editor and English supplement
- Doctors to apply for license after one-year internship
- Measures announced to control pollution in Ka Ho
- DSRT reaffirms liberalization of TV services but provides no timeframe
- Wynn declines as analyst cites risk of drop in VIP bets
- Guangdong’s EEP smart card on the go
- Construction workers allege wrongful dismissal
- Former Viva Macau manager leads new budget carrier in Taiwan
- Number of thefts on buses drops by 40pct
- Macau Grand Prix limits noise level
- Tourist Price Index up by 7pct in Q1
- MSAR recommends 33 projects to Hengqin
- Central provident fund enters public consultation
- BRIEFS: CE election to adopt electronic ticket
- SSM plans to unite medical record format