- The Lobby
- Extra Times
‘Johnny’ Reis passes away
Former Rádio Macau presenter João Sameiro Afonso dos Reis passed away yesterday at the age of 83 in local public hospital Conde S. Januário.
The Portuguese national, better known as ‘Johnny Reis’, arrived in Macau as a child in 1939. After completing his studies, he worked as a public servant but less than a decade later he dived into the local radio world at Rádio Vila Verde.
In 1966 he moved into the public radio broadcaster, which later became Rádio Macau, where he was a presenter for about 40 years before retiring.
In addition, Reis was linked to the Miss Macau pageant contest, which he even presented on local television.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Breaking News: Defending champion Spain gets repeat of 2010 final
- Breaking News: Nelson Mandela, South Africa's peacemaker, dies
- POLICY ADDRESS – Transport and Public Works Lawmakers slam housing policies
- “Chinese sailed to America before Columbus,” scholar says
- International “Hug-a-Shark” Day makes debut in Macau
- Experts call for medical error insurance
- Gov’t assures Reolian’s employees their rights won’t be affected
- Raymond Tam accused of fabricating documents
- Galaxy fined for late rent payment
- Taxi driver defrauds passenger with Thai Baht
- Seminar on IP in cultural industries this Saturday
- Yellow taxis to operate on-call only
- 12 percent rise in MIA passenger volume for November
- Lending to private sector up 2.5 pct in October
- Non-residents' deposits decrease