- The Lobby
- Extra Times
‘Johnny’ Reis passes away
Former Rádio Macau presenter João Sameiro Afonso dos Reis passed away yesterday at the age of 83 in local public hospital Conde S. Januário.
The Portuguese national, better known as ‘Johnny Reis’, arrived in Macau as a child in 1939. After completing his studies, he worked as a public servant but less than a decade later he dived into the local radio world at Rádio Vila Verde.
In 1966 he moved into the public radio broadcaster, which later became Rádio Macau, where he was a presenter for about 40 years before retiring.
In addition, Reis was linked to the Miss Macau pageant contest, which he even presented on local television.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- MACAU: Police forces deny reports of terrorist threats
- CE promises 24-hour border crossing
- Local delegate downplays controversy over Premier report
- RAYMOND TAM TRIAL: Witness privy to list on ten graveyards
- Historic night as Rolling Stones hold first-ever Macau concert
- 6,000 sign to list domestic violence as a public crime
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH TOBY LEUNG, MGM: “We still have that kind of entertainment in our DNA”
- Renault delivers first electric cars to Macau clients
- HK villagers claim regional bridge “bad fung shui”
- BRIEFS: Francis Tam flags amendments to mainland maid scheme
- SUNDAY AT THE COTAI ARENA: The Stones land today in Macau for historic concert
- Forbes explores the city beyond the baccarat tables
- EDUCATION: Zhuhai school caters to study-abroad fever
- Taipa Central Park swimming pool to be completed this year
- IACM to kick off Green Week 2014