- The Lobby
- Extra Times
IACM seeks to start “three lamps”
The Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau (IACM) said yesterday it was seeking to start the redevelopment of the “three lamps” area as soon as possible.
The head of IACM, Tam Vai Man, said after meeting civic groups at IACM head office in Av. Almeida Ribeiro, that the authority had finished initial preparations for the re-development and would seek to start the project as soon as possible.
He said after negotiating with representatives from the three lamps area, both sides agreed that the redevelopment should be implemented without blocking the way for emergency vehicles such as fire services, and that there should not be hawkers vending at the entrances of residential buildings.
In addition, the current shopkeepers also wanted to be relocated to the same area if they are affected by the construction works. Tam said they would finalise the details after further co-ordination with shopkeepers.
Some shopkeepers, however, complained of insufficient consultation by the government over the project.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on news-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- IN BROAD DAYLIGHT: Lawyer victim of vicious attack
- D. Pedro V stages stories of “body and farewell”
- Conference on EU-Asia Pacific relationship starts today
- IC selects 5 projects for academic research grants
- More than 40,000 request gov’t healthcare vouchers
- Free telecom services for World Telecom Day
- MOP20m to upgrade bus GPS system
- Pansy Ho promotes Global Tourism Economy Forum in Macau 2013
- Macau Open prize money increases
- Petitioners call for caution over employing non-local students
- Drug abuse among youths increases significantly
- 20th anniversary of the EU-Macau trade agreement - Piket: “A more diversified economy is a more sustainable economy”
- Q1: Package tours increase by 11.8 pct
- 20 workers feel unwell after inhaling tobacco fumes
- Democratic Action collects signatures for elections