- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Flu outbreak hits kindergarten
The Health Bureau reported a flu outbreak at the Choi Nong Chi Tai School. A total of 17 students from the kindergarten were affected.
All affected students received medical treatment and are in stable condition. There were no cases that needed hospitalisation.
But the bureau stated that most of the affected students did not get the anti-influenza vaccine during this winter. Health authorities collected samples from some sick students and asked the school to observe infection control measures.
Currently all Macau residents have free access to influenza vaccination. So far, 73,000 citizens were administrated the vaccine early this winter, including 18,200 elderly aged over 60 years and 6,300 children aged between 6 months and 6 years.
In addition, the campaign has included 36,200 students, teachers and employees in primary and secondary schools and 5,600 patients with chronic diseases.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- HUMAN RESOURCES | The business battleground: “Companies have to make the career path clearer”
- Medical sector faces difficulties in attracting overseas experts
- Easter celebrations at the Cathedral in three languages
- EDUCATION: Former Harvard scholar shares learning experience with students
- Macau International Jazz Festival kicks off today
- Raising a child at sea “is as healthy as in any other place”
- BRIEFS: GCS releases press law consultation report
- Father of comatose girl collects residents’ signatures
- Residential mortgage loans drop by 41.7pct
- Spring book fair kicks off
- Catholic weekly with Filipino editor and English supplement
- Doctors to apply for license after one-year internship
- Measures announced to control pollution in Ka Ho
- DSRT reaffirms liberalization of TV services but provides no timeframe
- Wynn declines as analyst cites risk of drop in VIP bets