- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Foreign labour limits management positions
Lawmaker Kwan Tsui Hang called on the government to limit importation of labour for senior management positions, in order to help local workers to move up the corporate ladder.
“On the policy of imported labour, they [the government] need to do one thing: they should gradually limit the import of workers in senior level positions and ask the companies to teach locals to fill those positions instead, so that those who got trained have room for promotion,” the member of the Macau Federation of Trade Unions said quoted by TDM News.
Kwan was speaking on the sidelines of the graduation ceremony of a business
management diploma program held by the University of Macau and the Federation of Trade Unions. A total of 91 people graduated from the course on Saturday, a 60 percent graduation rate.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on news-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- UNDERGROUND BANKING: The China-HK-Macau triangle
- Live Music Association: Changing places, changing strategies
- Parade for the Festival of the Drunken Dragon
- Testing Center for Gaming Devices expanded
- Macao Water “very disappointed” with gov’t approved 5.92 pct fee rise
- Former top banker to face graft charges
- ANM against facilitating mainland students to work in Macau
- General’s former residence to be restored
- Three suspects in custody over drug abuse
- Agreement between UM and Taiwan’s Tsinghua University
- New rules for aviation safety and incident investigation
- St Joseph University invites new Lisbon Patriarch to visit Macau
- Taipa Ferry Terminal project delays
- Ninth ICIF: “Toy Block Pavilion” features Macau’s colorful cultural traditions
- SJM’s Cotai project to merge with Angela Leong’s theme park