- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Foreign labour limits management positions
Lawmaker Kwan Tsui Hang called on the government to limit importation of labour for senior management positions, in order to help local workers to move up the corporate ladder.
“On the policy of imported labour, they [the government] need to do one thing: they should gradually limit the import of workers in senior level positions and ask the companies to teach locals to fill those positions instead, so that those who got trained have room for promotion,” the member of the Macau Federation of Trade Unions said quoted by TDM News.
Kwan was speaking on the sidelines of the graduation ceremony of a business
management diploma program held by the University of Macau and the Federation of Trade Unions. A total of 91 people graduated from the course on Saturday, a 60 percent graduation rate.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- MACAU: Police forces deny reports of terrorist threats
- CE promises 24-hour border crossing
- Local delegate downplays controversy over Premier report
- RAYMOND TAM TRIAL: Witness privy to list on ten graveyards
- Historic night as Rolling Stones hold first-ever Macau concert
- 6,000 sign to list domestic violence as a public crime
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH TOBY LEUNG, MGM: “We still have that kind of entertainment in our DNA”
- Renault delivers first electric cars to Macau clients
- HK villagers claim regional bridge “bad fung shui”
- BRIEFS: Francis Tam flags amendments to mainland maid scheme
- SUNDAY AT THE COTAI ARENA: The Stones land today in Macau for historic concert
- Forbes explores the city beyond the baccarat tables
- EDUCATION: Zhuhai school caters to study-abroad fever
- Taipa Central Park swimming pool to be completed this year
- IACM to kick off Green Week 2014