- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Foreign labour limits management positions
Lawmaker Kwan Tsui Hang called on the government to limit importation of labour for senior management positions, in order to help local workers to move up the corporate ladder.
“On the policy of imported labour, they [the government] need to do one thing: they should gradually limit the import of workers in senior level positions and ask the companies to teach locals to fill those positions instead, so that those who got trained have room for promotion,” the member of the Macau Federation of Trade Unions said quoted by TDM News.
Kwan was speaking on the sidelines of the graduation ceremony of a business
management diploma program held by the University of Macau and the Federation of Trade Unions. A total of 91 people graduated from the course on Saturday, a 60 percent graduation rate.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Residents less than satisfied with environment
- Boxing ‘Featherweight Fury’ hits Macau with three world title fights
- MSAR asks Beijing for territorial waters and land from Hengqin
- AS REPORTED BY MDT: Neptune owner’s wife detained following tightened grip on junkets
- IFT and Dusit Thani College partner to organize exchange program
- Gov’t to launch guidelines for water supply in residential buildings
- CE ELECTIONS: Electoral College voting procedure to take place across five locations
- BRIEFS: Concrete falls on Rua do Campo, one injured
- GAMING: Average daily run up 15 pct last week
- Increasing household income and the vanishing smiles
- France meets Asia in Justin Quek’s kitchen
- KW Director calls for universal healthcare insurance
- Australia continues to supply dogs to Macau Canidrome despite country ban
- BRIEFS: CE to answer questions in AL today
- Hac Sa Beach Labor Day Concert expects 10,000 attendees