- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Foreign labour limits management positions
Lawmaker Kwan Tsui Hang called on the government to limit importation of labour for senior management positions, in order to help local workers to move up the corporate ladder.
“On the policy of imported labour, they [the government] need to do one thing: they should gradually limit the import of workers in senior level positions and ask the companies to teach locals to fill those positions instead, so that those who got trained have room for promotion,” the member of the Macau Federation of Trade Unions said quoted by TDM News.
Kwan was speaking on the sidelines of the graduation ceremony of a business
management diploma program held by the University of Macau and the Federation of Trade Unions. A total of 91 people graduated from the course on Saturday, a 60 percent graduation rate.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- THE BUZZ: Stones tickets on fire
- Inflation strangling residents’ happiness: No satisfaction
- CCAC Complaints against criminal activities surge 20 pct in 2012
- Housing unit sales drop by 58 pct
- A DECADE OF ANIMAL RIGHTS PROTECTION: Anima turns ten
- Journalism faces unique challenges in Macau
- Simulation investment contest entered by nearly 600 college students
- Media award to promote local productions
- LA SCALA trial Legal issue prevented sale of five land lots
- PHOTOSHOP: Bringing Christmas joy to mentally handicapped children
- Macau-licensed cars soon to land on Hengqin
- Three samples from Shenzhen wet markets test positive for H7N9
- Rising number of homosexual HIV cases
- HUMAN RIGHTS IN GREATER CHINA: EU diplomats discuss Macau’s situation at meeting in Hong Kong
- Tri-color glazed pottery exhibition to feature glorious Tang Dynasty