- The Lobby
- Extra Times
New rules could shut Mocha Marina Plaza
A ban on gaming venues in residential districts will close down at least one slot machine parlour, Union Gaming Research wrote in a note to clients.
Melco’s Mocha Marina Plaza, located on Rua de Pequim, is likely to close its doors but the analysts downplayed the impact. They believe the operator “may have identified another parcel” to open another Mocha Club venue.
On Monday the secretary for Economy and Finance said the bylaw for the removal of slot machine parlours from residential neighbourhoods “is in the final stage of the legislative process”.
Francis Tam Pak Yuen also said the government would consider removing the slot machines from the Macau Canidrome. Union Gaming Research said that would have a negligible impact on the dog track’s operator, Stanley Ho’s SJM.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- China Music Awards: Cotai Arena stage packed with Chinese and international stars
- AL Plenary Lawmakers grill Florinda Chan over public servant contract bill
- Int’l market expansion group sees opportunity in town
- Luk Fook same-store sales in Macau and HK drop 12 pct
- RED STUDIO: Giving busy Macau a taste of performing and creative arts
- Survey finds majority of students lack reading habits
- MCTV entitled to compensation if concession not renewed
- AL vows for differentiated pensions for ex-top officials
- BRIEFS: 13th Plan to have chapter dedicated to SARs
- ATM network temporary shutdown affects locals both here and abroad
- Residents less than satisfied with environment
- Boxing ‘Featherweight Fury’ hits Macau with three world title fights
- MSAR asks Beijing for territorial waters and land from Hengqin
- AS REPORTED BY MDT: Neptune owner’s wife detained following tightened grip on junkets
- IFT and Dusit Thani College partner to organize exchange program