- The Lobby
- Extra Times
French national day celebrations
Local French residents will celebrate France’s National Day on Wednesday 13, at 6:30, at Sofitel-Hotel Macau at Ponte 16.
Bastille Day is traditionally celebrated on July 14. The Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau, the Alliance Française de Macau and the France Macau Business Association has joined to organise a cocktail reception followed by a dinner and dance party.
The Consul General of France in Hong Kong and Macau, Arnaud Barthelemy and MSAR’s Secretary for Administration and Justice, Florinda Chan, will attend.
French citizens celebrate La Fête Nationale, their national day, on the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille fortress-prison on July 14, 1789. It was seen as a symbol of the uprising of the modern nation and of the reconciliation of all the French inside the constitutional monarchy, which preceded the First Republic following the French Revolution.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on news-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- IN BROAD DAYLIGHT: Lawyer victim of vicious attack
- D. Pedro V stages stories of “body and farewell”
- Conference on EU-Asia Pacific relationship starts today
- IC selects 5 projects for academic research grants
- More than 40,000 request gov’t healthcare vouchers
- Free telecom services for World Telecom Day
- MOP20m to upgrade bus GPS system
- Pansy Ho promotes Global Tourism Economy Forum in Macau 2013
- Macau Open prize money increases
- Petitioners call for caution over employing non-local students
- Drug abuse among youths increases significantly
- 20th anniversary of the EU-Macau trade agreement - Piket: “A more diversified economy is a more sustainable economy”
- Q1: Package tours increase by 11.8 pct
- 20 workers feel unwell after inhaling tobacco fumes
- Democratic Action collects signatures for elections