- The Lobby
- Extra Times
French national day celebrations
Local French residents will celebrate France’s National Day on Wednesday 13, at 6:30, at Sofitel-Hotel Macau at Ponte 16.
Bastille Day is traditionally celebrated on July 14. The Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau, the Alliance Française de Macau and the France Macau Business Association has joined to organise a cocktail reception followed by a dinner and dance party.
The Consul General of France in Hong Kong and Macau, Arnaud Barthelemy and MSAR’s Secretary for Administration and Justice, Florinda Chan, will attend.
French citizens celebrate La Fête Nationale, their national day, on the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille fortress-prison on July 14, 1789. It was seen as a symbol of the uprising of the modern nation and of the reconciliation of all the French inside the constitutional monarchy, which preceded the First Republic following the French Revolution.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- MACAU - Scholar criticizes gov’t tourism management
- ART: Homegrown designers create posters to promote local culture
- City’s oldest Chinese theater renovation to finish in 2015
- Chamber of Commerce visits Francis Tam
- JUSTICE: Court rejects lawsuit against Health Bureau
- Macau “in a unique position to design a social welfare system”
- Rotary donation day calls for rare blood donors
- Macau Engineers Association hosts 2nd Congress
- ANM urges postponing uni joint admission
- UM’s Career Fair offers over 2,300 jobs
- Jagger and Watts try out some Portuguese food
- “Paint the Idea” exhibition at Tap Seac Gallery
- CRIME: Gambler arrested over HKD1 million aggravated fraud case
- IC launches Polish poetry book in three languages
- PSP claims traffic ticket error corrected