- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Franchise Expo to be held in July
The Macao Franchise Expo 2011 (2011MFE) will be held between July 8 and 10 at the Venetian, providing record high exhibition area of 5,000 square metres to international brands to promote their products in the territory.
Macau’s small and medium sized enterprises (SME’s) can make use of the expo to establish business relationships in franchising and chain operations with enterprises from neighbouring countries or regions.
Enterprises from Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong and Macau have already expressed intentions to exhibit their products at this year’s MFE, the Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute (IPIM) said.
The three-day event will include an exhibition, forums and seminars, business matching sessions as well as brands/services promotion. Supporting services such as Macau trade and economic enquiry services and legal and marketing consultancy will also be arranged.
According to IPIM, the government will continue to provide incentives to local SMEs and eligible Macau enterprises can apply for a subsidy amounting to 60 percent of exhibition costs.
Businesses mainly engage in retail services, fashion/fashion accessories, food and beverage and education, including Chinese and foreign brands.
Acting president of IPIM, Echo Chan, said a survey showed that most of the visitors at the 2010MFE - which had an exhibition area of 3,800 square metres - were “young working-class people interested in the franchise business”.
She also said franchising business in the catering and retail industries received the “highest attention” last year.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- China Music Awards: Cotai Arena stage packed with Chinese and international stars
- AL Plenary Lawmakers grill Florinda Chan over public servant contract bill
- Int’l market expansion group sees opportunity in town
- Luk Fook same-store sales in Macau and HK drop 12 pct
- RED STUDIO: Giving busy Macau a taste of performing and creative arts
- Survey finds majority of students lack reading habits
- MCTV entitled to compensation if concession not renewed
- AL vows for differentiated pensions for ex-top officials
- BRIEFS: 13th Plan to have chapter dedicated to SARs
- ATM network temporary shutdown affects locals both here and abroad
- Residents less than satisfied with environment
- Boxing ‘Featherweight Fury’ hits Macau with three world title fights
- MSAR asks Beijing for territorial waters and land from Hengqin
- AS REPORTED BY MDT: Neptune owner’s wife detained following tightened grip on junkets
- IFT and Dusit Thani College partner to organize exchange program