- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Stanley Ho receives HKSAR highest award
Macau gaming tycoon Stanley Ho received the Grand Bauhinia Medal from the Chief Executive of the HKSAR Donald Tsang, at the 2010 Honours and Awards Presentation Ceremony held at the Government House in Hong Kong on Friday.
“I am greatly honoured to receive Hong Kong’s highest award,” he said at the occasion. “Born and raised in Hong Kong, I am committed to the development of the city, and it has been a blessing for me to be a part of the Hong Kong growth story.”
“Like the Hong Kong people, I have a fighting spirit. I do not say ‘No’ and back away from challenges, no matter how difficult the problem,” he added, “With perseverance and a positive attitude to life, I dedicate my efforts to the promotion of Hong Kong’s prosperity and stability.”
The Grand Bauhinia Medal (GBM), the highest award under the HKSAR honours and awards system, recognises the selected person’s life-long and highly significant contribution to the well-being of Hong Kong.
Stanley Ho is the only person to be awarded the highest honour by the governments of both HKSAR and Macau SAR. He was awarded the Grand Bauhinia Medal by the HKSAR government in 2010 and the Grand Lotus Medal of Honour by the Macau SAR government in 2007. His earlier SAR awards include the Gold Bauhinia Star by the HKSAR government in 2003, and the Golden Lotus Medal of Honour by the Macau SAR government in 2001.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- China Music Awards: Cotai Arena stage packed with Chinese and international stars
- AL Plenary Lawmakers grill Florinda Chan over public servant contract bill
- Int’l market expansion group sees opportunity in town
- Luk Fook same-store sales in Macau and HK drop 12 pct
- RED STUDIO: Giving busy Macau a taste of performing and creative arts
- Survey finds majority of students lack reading habits
- MCTV entitled to compensation if concession not renewed
- AL vows for differentiated pensions for ex-top officials
- BRIEFS: 13th Plan to have chapter dedicated to SARs
- ATM network temporary shutdown affects locals both here and abroad
- Residents less than satisfied with environment
- Boxing ‘Featherweight Fury’ hits Macau with three world title fights
- MSAR asks Beijing for territorial waters and land from Hengqin
- AS REPORTED BY MDT: Neptune owner’s wife detained following tightened grip on junkets
- IFT and Dusit Thani College partner to organize exchange program