- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Foreign reserves at a record high
MSAR’s foreign currency reserves rose by 1.2 percent to reach MOP 165.7 billion at the end of last month, a new high record. Compared to a year ago, reserves have increased by 17.7 percent and are on an upward trend since October 2009, according to the latest statistics of the Monetary Authority of Macau.
Foreign reserves could now cover almost three times (271 percent) the amount of Patacas in circulation, which is also a new record. Furthermore, reserves represented 33 times the foreign currency in circulation.
Meanwhile the effective exchange rate index, which measures the current Pataca exchange rates against Macau’s major trading partners, is down by 1.04 points from June. Yet the rate increased by 0.81 points year-on-year.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- China Music Awards: Cotai Arena stage packed with Chinese and international stars
- AL Plenary Lawmakers grill Florinda Chan over public servant contract bill
- Int’l market expansion group sees opportunity in town
- Luk Fook same-store sales in Macau and HK drop 12 pct
- RED STUDIO: Giving busy Macau a taste of performing and creative arts
- Survey finds majority of students lack reading habits
- MCTV entitled to compensation if concession not renewed
- AL vows for differentiated pensions for ex-top officials
- BRIEFS: 13th Plan to have chapter dedicated to SARs
- ATM network temporary shutdown affects locals both here and abroad
- Residents less than satisfied with environment
- Boxing ‘Featherweight Fury’ hits Macau with three world title fights
- MSAR asks Beijing for territorial waters and land from Hengqin
- AS REPORTED BY MDT: Neptune owner’s wife detained following tightened grip on junkets
- IFT and Dusit Thani College partner to organize exchange program