- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Geoffrey C. Gunn on TDM Talk Show
Macau’s unique blend of Portuguese, European, and Asian cultures has fascinated historians and other social scientists for some time and this week’s guest on TDM Talk Show is one such person.
Professor Geoffrey C. Gunn, author of “Encountering Macau, A Portuguese City-state on the Periphery of China” was captured by the history of the Territory several years ago.
Gunn is an educator and writer currently based in Nagasaki, Japan and has been teaching at the University of Nagasaki for 15 years.
This week he is in Macau to take part in the first International Conference on Macaology, at the University of Macau.
He has also been doing research on Singapore, East Timor and the interchange between Europe and East Asia throughout the history. In Macau he also published “Timor Loro Sae: 500 years”, the first book-length history of Timor.
The Talk Show will be aired tonight at 8 pm and again tomorrow at 11:30 pm.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Residents less than satisfied with environment
- Boxing ‘Featherweight Fury’ hits Macau with three world title fights
- MSAR asks Beijing for territorial waters and land from Hengqin
- AS REPORTED BY MDT: Neptune owner’s wife detained following tightened grip on junkets
- IFT and Dusit Thani College partner to organize exchange program
- Gov’t to launch guidelines for water supply in residential buildings
- CE ELECTIONS: Electoral College voting procedure to take place across five locations
- BRIEFS: Concrete falls on Rua do Campo, one injured
- GAMING: Average daily run up 15 pct last week
- Increasing household income and the vanishing smiles
- France meets Asia in Justin Quek’s kitchen
- KW Director calls for universal healthcare insurance
- Australia continues to supply dogs to Macau Canidrome despite country ban
- BRIEFS: CE to answer questions in AL today
- Hac Sa Beach Labor Day Concert expects 10,000 attendees