- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Geoffrey C. Gunn on TDM Talk Show
Macau’s unique blend of Portuguese, European, and Asian cultures has fascinated historians and other social scientists for some time and this week’s guest on TDM Talk Show is one such person.
Professor Geoffrey C. Gunn, author of “Encountering Macau, A Portuguese City-state on the Periphery of China” was captured by the history of the Territory several years ago.
Gunn is an educator and writer currently based in Nagasaki, Japan and has been teaching at the University of Nagasaki for 15 years.
This week he is in Macau to take part in the first International Conference on Macaology, at the University of Macau.
He has also been doing research on Singapore, East Timor and the interchange between Europe and East Asia throughout the history. In Macau he also published “Timor Loro Sae: 500 years”, the first book-length history of Timor.
The Talk Show will be aired tonight at 8 pm and again tomorrow at 11:30 pm.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- HUMAN RESOURCES | The business battleground: “Companies have to make the career path clearer”
- Medical sector faces difficulties in attracting overseas experts
- Easter celebrations at the Cathedral in three languages
- EDUCATION: Former Harvard scholar shares learning experience with students
- Macau International Jazz Festival kicks off today
- Raising a child at sea “is as healthy as in any other place”
- BRIEFS: GCS releases press law consultation report
- Father of comatose girl collects residents’ signatures
- Residential mortgage loans drop by 41.7pct
- Spring book fair kicks off
- Catholic weekly with Filipino editor and English supplement
- Doctors to apply for license after one-year internship
- Measures announced to control pollution in Ka Ho
- DSRT reaffirms liberalization of TV services but provides no timeframe
- Wynn declines as analyst cites risk of drop in VIP bets