- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Geoffrey C. Gunn on TDM Talk Show
Macau’s unique blend of Portuguese, European, and Asian cultures has fascinated historians and other social scientists for some time and this week’s guest on TDM Talk Show is one such person.
Professor Geoffrey C. Gunn, author of “Encountering Macau, A Portuguese City-state on the Periphery of China” was captured by the history of the Territory several years ago.
Gunn is an educator and writer currently based in Nagasaki, Japan and has been teaching at the University of Nagasaki for 15 years.
This week he is in Macau to take part in the first International Conference on Macaology, at the University of Macau.
He has also been doing research on Singapore, East Timor and the interchange between Europe and East Asia throughout the history. In Macau he also published “Timor Loro Sae: 500 years”, the first book-length history of Timor.
The Talk Show will be aired tonight at 8 pm and again tomorrow at 11:30 pm.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on news-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- G2E Asia: “Word of Mouth” factor makes or breaks resorts’ reputations
- Leong Veng Chai runs for AL elections along with Coutinho
- Latest downpour fuels more criticism
- MGTO promotes 60th Macau Grand Prix in Seoul and Sydney
- Fitch maintains Macau “AA-” rating
- International assets in banking sector increase
- Macau delegates attend meeting on sanctions against NK banks
- April: Visitor arrivals up by 0.7 percent year-on-year
- Youth robotics and IT contests results announced
- Local student wins music video contest in the US
- IAS presents events to signal Children’s Day
- G2E Asia: Baccarat should be more interactive, global and mobile, expert says
- The thunderstorm: Highest rainfall record since 1982
- A rare day at the AL: New Macau proposal to debate Coloane accepted almost unanimously
- SJM & Sands CFOs optimistic about gaming revenue: “Safe forecast” - USD80-100 billion by 2020