- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Geoffrey C. Gunn on TDM Talk Show
Macau’s unique blend of Portuguese, European, and Asian cultures has fascinated historians and other social scientists for some time and this week’s guest on TDM Talk Show is one such person.
Professor Geoffrey C. Gunn, author of “Encountering Macau, A Portuguese City-state on the Periphery of China” was captured by the history of the Territory several years ago.
Gunn is an educator and writer currently based in Nagasaki, Japan and has been teaching at the University of Nagasaki for 15 years.
This week he is in Macau to take part in the first International Conference on Macaology, at the University of Macau.
He has also been doing research on Singapore, East Timor and the interchange between Europe and East Asia throughout the history. In Macau he also published “Timor Loro Sae: 500 years”, the first book-length history of Timor.
The Talk Show will be aired tonight at 8 pm and again tomorrow at 11:30 pm.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- UK steps up efforts to explore business opportunities in Macau
- German master chef shows how to make multi-layered cake
- Venues needed as local skating community grows
- MSAR to rent or buy land in Zhongshan city
- USJ invests in business administration courses
- Local students step out of their “comfort zones”
- New bilingual weekly newspaper to be published in Macau
- BRIEFS: Sin Fong proprietors threaten to sleep outside building
- MACAU - Scholar criticizes gov’t tourism management
- ART: Homegrown designers create posters to promote local culture
- City’s oldest Chinese theater renovation to finish in 2015
- Chamber of Commerce visits Francis Tam
- JUSTICE: Court rejects lawsuit against Health Bureau
- Macau “in a unique position to design a social welfare system”
- Rotary donation day calls for rare blood donors