- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Xi Jinping meets Japanese trade delegation
Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping yesterday met with members of the Japanese Association for the Promotion of International Trade, including Kono Yohei, the group’s head and a former House of Representatives Speaker. Speaking in the Great Hall of the People, Xi commended the association’s contributions in promoting the two countries’ economic and trade cooperation and overall bilateral relations. He said the China-Japan relationship has withstood many tests but made great progress since the normalization of diplomatic ties 40 years ago. Therefore, it is worth treasuring and carefully nourishing the relations built through the efforts of several generations, Xi said.
As countries with important influence in Asia and the world, China and Japan should keep up with the developing global situation, further enhance political trust, broaden pragmatic cooperation, expand cultural exchange, properly handle sensitive issues and jointly develop the China-Japan strategic and mutually beneficial relationship in a healthy and stable way. Xi pointed out that China is actively implementing its 12th five-year plan, speeding economic development and striving to achieve a comprehensive, coordinated and sustainable growth.
Japan is under reconstruction after a period of disaster but has an advantage in energy efficiency, environmental protection, a green economy, and high technology while China has a huge market for them, he said, stressing the two sides’ complementary natures under the new situation. The two countries should broaden economic and trade cooperation, aiming more vigorously to expand mutual benefits for the two countries, in Xi’s view.
Kono Yohei said the two countries should keep the general direction of Japan-China friendship and further develop bilateral relations. He said the two sides should stress cooperation in finance and intellectual property rights in accordance with the current needs in the two countries’ economic and trade cooperation.
The Japanese Association for the Promotion of International Trade delegation is visiting China at the invitation of the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- SUNDAY AT THE COTAI ARENA: The Stones land today in Macau for historic concert
- Forbes explores the city beyond the baccarat tables
- EDUCATION: Zhuhai school caters to study-abroad fever
- Taipa Central Park swimming pool to be completed this year
- IACM to kick off Green Week 2014
- Industry wants tougher penalties for hiring illegal drivers
- ANM asks gov’t to clarify its plan on Tap Seac ‘Glass House’
- BRIEFS: Cocaine smuggled inside six paintings
- Local flights to Vietnam to be resumed
- 25th Macau Arts Festival promises over 200 events in 16 locations
- MUST Career Fair: Employers say attitude is “most important factor” to be successful
- Lao Iong to lead Urban Planning Committee
- Delegates in Beijing request more land resources for Macau
- Money laundering prevalent in both SARs
- BRIEFS: Bus driver jailed for drunk-driving