- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Xi Jinping meets Japanese trade delegation
Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping yesterday met with members of the Japanese Association for the Promotion of International Trade, including Kono Yohei, the group’s head and a former House of Representatives Speaker. Speaking in the Great Hall of the People, Xi commended the association’s contributions in promoting the two countries’ economic and trade cooperation and overall bilateral relations. He said the China-Japan relationship has withstood many tests but made great progress since the normalization of diplomatic ties 40 years ago. Therefore, it is worth treasuring and carefully nourishing the relations built through the efforts of several generations, Xi said.
As countries with important influence in Asia and the world, China and Japan should keep up with the developing global situation, further enhance political trust, broaden pragmatic cooperation, expand cultural exchange, properly handle sensitive issues and jointly develop the China-Japan strategic and mutually beneficial relationship in a healthy and stable way. Xi pointed out that China is actively implementing its 12th five-year plan, speeding economic development and striving to achieve a comprehensive, coordinated and sustainable growth.
Japan is under reconstruction after a period of disaster but has an advantage in energy efficiency, environmental protection, a green economy, and high technology while China has a huge market for them, he said, stressing the two sides’ complementary natures under the new situation. The two countries should broaden economic and trade cooperation, aiming more vigorously to expand mutual benefits for the two countries, in Xi’s view.
Kono Yohei said the two countries should keep the general direction of Japan-China friendship and further develop bilateral relations. He said the two sides should stress cooperation in finance and intellectual property rights in accordance with the current needs in the two countries’ economic and trade cooperation.
The Japanese Association for the Promotion of International Trade delegation is visiting China at the invitation of the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- CE contradicts CCAC bus report
- POLICY ADDRESS | Transport and Public Works: “CCAC became a toothless tiger”, Ng Kuok Cheong says
- Shark-saving campaign aims for 10,000 signatures
- UM holds first congregation on new campus: Cheong U appeals to academics to “seize the opportunity”
- Euro 5 taxis to be introduced
- Zheng Anting defends public buses for residents
- Charity Walk hits record again with MOP15 million raised
- New think-tank on HK and Macau affairs set up in Beijing
- Oscar Niemeyer’s legacy praised
- HK official inspects incineration plant
- ExCo recommends CE salary increase
- SA Consul-General pays tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Volunteers Chairman advocates a ‘civil society’
- Three cases of defrauding tele-assistance users
- POLICY ADDRESS – Transport and Public Works Lawmakers slam housing policies