- The Lobby
- Extra Times
School soup: two dead, 41 sick
Two children died and 41 people were hospitalised in the Philippines after a teacher allegedly served a soup laced with a deadly chemical, a police official said yesterday.
The teacher had prepared a noodle soup for students and fellow teachers in the city of Tuguegarao but shortly after the meal was served students and teachers suffered dizziness and vomiting.
The stricken students and three teachers were rushed to a hospital but two five-year-old girls died while being treated.
Investigators suspect that oxalic acid, a chemical used for cleaning marble, was accidentally mixed into the soup, said the police chief Superintendent Pedro Martirez.
“This does not look intentional but she [the teacher] is under custody,” he added.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- Catholic weekly with Filipino editor and English supplement
- Doctors to apply for license after one-year internship
- Measures announced to control pollution in Ka Ho
- DSRT reaffirms liberalization of TV services but provides no timeframe
- Wynn declines as analyst cites risk of drop in VIP bets
- Guangdong’s EEP smart card on the go
- Construction workers allege wrongful dismissal
- Former Viva Macau manager leads new budget carrier in Taiwan
- Number of thefts on buses drops by 40pct
- Macau Grand Prix limits noise level
- Tourist Price Index up by 7pct in Q1
- MSAR recommends 33 projects to Hengqin
- Central provident fund enters public consultation
- BRIEFS: CE election to adopt electronic ticket
- SSM plans to unite medical record format