- The Lobby
- Extra Times
Kashmir: Twelve dead, Christian school torched
Indian police shot dead 12 people in Kashmir yesterday as stone-throwing protesters defied curfews and torched a Christian school in a surge of anger stoked by the desecration of the Koran in Washington.
The death toll was the highest for a single day since a wave of anti-India demonstrations began three months ago, with 83 civilians now killed in unrest in the disputed Muslim-majority region. One policeman was also killed yesterday.
In New Delhi the cabinet met to discuss partially lifting a 20-year-old emergency law in an attempt to defuse tensions and break the escalating cycle of unrest.
In Tangmarg village, 40 kilometres from the Srinagar, a crowd chanted anti-US and pro-Islam slogans before burning down a missionary school.
Responsible Right of Expression — In the interest of freedom of expression, coupled with a true sense of responsibility to encourage community dialogue, the Macau Daily Times offers its readers the opportunity to express their opinions on new-related matters through this website. All opinions are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove comments that are deemed to be obscene, or are merely insults written under the cloak of anonymity. MDT
- SUNDAY AT THE COTAI ARENA: The Stones land today in Macau for historic concert
- Forbes explores the city beyond the baccarat tables
- EDUCATION: Zhuhai school caters to study-abroad fever
- Taipa Central Park swimming pool to be completed this year
- IACM to kick off Green Week 2014
- Industry wants tougher penalties for hiring illegal drivers
- ANM asks gov’t to clarify its plan on Tap Seac ‘Glass House’
- BRIEFS: Cocaine smuggled inside six paintings
- Local flights to Vietnam to be resumed
- 25th Macau Arts Festival promises over 200 events in 16 locations
- MUST Career Fair: Employers say attitude is “most important factor” to be successful
- Lao Iong to lead Urban Planning Committee
- Delegates in Beijing request more land resources for Macau
- Money laundering prevalent in both SARs
- BRIEFS: Bus driver jailed for drunk-driving